H . Grady Rylander, M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist and Texas Super Doctor
Dr. Grady Rylander is a board certified General Ophthalmologist with a specialized training in retina, glaucoma, and cataract conditions. He has been in practice in Austin since 1978. He has performed thousands of cataract surgeries and hundreds of laser procedures in the office.
Dr. Rylander, an Austin native, attended The University of Texas at Austin where he is also currently a Professor. He teaches in the Bio Medical Engineering Department at the University. He has supervised 40 Master of Science students and 11 Ph.D. students. He has been married for over 40 years and has 3 children and 5 grandchildren.
- Pre-Med: University of Texas, Austin
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Internship: Bexar County Teaching Hospital, San Antonio, TX
- Residency: Audie Murphy V.A.H., San Antonio, TX
Current Professional Status
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified, American Board of Eye Surgery (Past President)
Memberships & Societies
- Austin Ophthalmological Society (Past President)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Travis County Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Tau Beta Pi
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Phi Kappa Phi
- L. Fellow AIMBE