Steven H. McKinley, M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist, Surgeon, Glaucoma Specialist, and Texas Super Doctor
Dr. McKinley was raised in Michigan and attended the University of Michigan for his undergraduate and medical education. Having lived in Southeast Asia at various times in his formative years, Dr. McKinley was able to experience international medicine while in Singapore before commencing his residency training in Ophthalmology and a fellowship in glaucoma at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.
Dr. McKinley joined the Eye Institute of Austin after beginning his career in private practice in Raleigh, NC. He is available for medical and surgical management of glaucoma, cataract surgery, and evaluation of general diseases of the eye. In his spare time, he enjoys golf, tennis, and traveling. As a college sports enthusiast, he is delighted to have experienced life in Big Ten, ACC, and now, Big 12 country.
- Undergraduate Studies: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Bachelor of Science with High Distinction in Biochemistry (1998)
- Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI (2002)
- Internship: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX (2003)
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX (2006)
- Fellowship Training in Glaucoma: Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX (2007)
Current Professional Status
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
Memberships & Societies
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Austin Ophthalmological Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Travis County Medical Society